Neighbor Problems & Disputes
- Boundary lines, encroachments, easements, title issues, trees, views, fences, retaining walls, noise, barking dogs or other nuisance issues, gate and alley access and construction projects.
- Neighbor agreements, including for boundary line disputes, encroachments, easements, landscaping, gates and alleys, fences, retaining walls, views and tree maintenance.
HOA & Member Disputes
- Represent HOAs and members in disputes about alleged violations of CC&Rs or house rules, Davis-Stirling issues, noise, nuisances, repairs, maintenance, short-term rentals, and parking.
- Resolve HOA disputes about noise, common areas, repairs, maintenance or parking.
Buyer & Seller Disputes
- Handle pre-litigation claims, mediation demands and mediations between buyers and sellers regarding alleged non-disclosure and misrepresentations, including arising from neighbor issues, reports, sewers, water leaks, repairs, improvements, permit and code issues, foundation, structural and soil issues, and occupancy or use issues.
- Represent buyers, sellers, developers and property managers in real estate matters arising from commercial and multi-unit residential income properties, including repairs, improvements, leases, tenants, metering, billboards, first refusal clauses and option agreements.
Real Estate Matters
- Neighbor problems and disputes related to boundary lines, encroachments, easements, title issues, trees, views, fences, retaining or shared walls, noise, barking dogs or other nuisance issues, gate and alley access, and construction projects.
- HOAs and/or members in disputes about alleged violations of CC&Rs or house rules, Davis-Stirling issues, noise, repairs, maintenance obligations, short-term rentals, and parking.
- Defend and prosecute claims between buyers and sellers regarding alleged non-disclosure and misrepresentation, including arising from repairs, water leaks, permit and code issues, improvements, foundation, structural and soil issues, easements, bad neighbors, prior litigation, sewers, shared maintenance obligations, HOA maintenance and repairs, assessments and use rights.
Business & Contract Disputes
- Mediate and litigate claims arising from relationships or agreements related to business partners, LLC ventures, vendors, clients, independent contractors and shareholders.
- Seek to resolve and litigate business tax and license fee issues against cities and counties.
Personal Injury Claims, Consultations & Referrals
- Provide consultations and prosecute or defend personal injury claims, including those arising from sports, transportation, premises liability, and professional liability.
- Sports and training activities, slip and falls, and bicycle and scooter accidents.
General Counsel Services
Commercial Real Estate Brokers
- Prepare and standardize listing agreements and salesperson agreements.
- Prepare and standardize required real property disclosures, required agency disclosure forms, and recommended advisories to use in purchase and sale or lease transactions.
- Counsel brokers regarding purchase and sale transactions, leasing transactions, standard of care and fiduciary duty issues, E&O insurance issues, and BRE compliance.
- Assist in negotiating and resolving commission and referral fee disputes.
- Provide training on new laws, BRE compliance, standard of care and fiduciary duty issues, and practices for using agreements, disclosures and forms in transactions.
Startups & Commercial Leasing
- Counsel startups on real estate matters, including office and commercial leases, and draft, revise and negotiate office and commercial leases.
- Prepare and standardize agreements for clients to use with vendors, their own clients, employment or independent contractors, and non-disclosure and confidentiality matters.
- Advise clients when third parties propose changes to standardized agreements, assist in negotiating any proposed changes, and advise on third-party agreements sent to clients.
Pre-Litigation Claims & Compliance
- Manage and work to resolve disputes or claims prior to them escalating into lawsuits.
- Advise clients on legal compliance issues and practices related to risk mitigation.