Law Office of Paul P. DeAngelis
Real Estate, Litigation
& General Counsel Services
Paul focuses on solving problems. He works to create value for clients by applying his experience in and out of court to develop strategies to fit each client’s situation. Paul grew up in New England and graduated with honors from Boston University School of Law in 1996. Since 1998, he has practiced law in San Francisco at well-regarded law firms and has provided general counsel services to real estate brokers and startups. He has successfully represented clients in court actions, jury and bench trials, and arbitration hearings.
Paul concentrates on real estate matters, including:
- Neighbor problems or disputes regarding boundary lines, encroachments, easements, trees, views, fences, noise, barking dogs or other nuisance issues, gate and alley access, and construction projects.
- HOA and member disputes regarding CC&Rs or house rules, maintenance obligations, noise, repairs, parking, short-term rentals, and assessment issues.
- Buyer and seller disputes arising from the purchase and sale of real estate regarding alleged misrepresentation and nondisclosure claims, and handling mediation demand letters.
- General counsel services to commercial real estate brokers and startups, including preparing and standardizing agreements, forms and advisories to use in transactions, commission disputes, BRE compliance, pre-litigation disputes, and advising on office and commercial leases.
For work-life balance, he stays active in his community. Paul teaches legal courses at San Francisco State University. He received the Child’s Advocacy Award from Legal Services for Children for his pro bono work representing disadvantaged children and youth in the Bay Area. He regularly swims and rows in the San Francisco Bay as a member of the South End Rowing Club. Paul was featured on KQED’s My Spot. Listen to Paul’s interview on KQED’s My Spot: Braving the Icy Waters of San Francisco Bay.
Paul has great instincts, and executes them well. After bringing him into a months-long real estate-related liability negotiation, Paul quickly assessed the situation and provided a new approach. To our surprise, we were able to quickly resolve the conflict completely in our favor!”
– From a buyer
Paul reviewed a lease of a potential office for my company and saved us from a nightmare situation. The lease was 20+ pages and I didn’t have time to read it. With just a few hours of work, Paul was able to point out some major issues with the lease. He didn’t tell us no, he presented us with facts which I found super helpful.”
– Andrew Munday, Startup Founder
We had a noise nuisance and health issue with a neighbor that was causing a lot of problems. After exhausting all the public resources available, we hired Paul DeAngelis to help us out. Paul did a great job listening to our concerns and he was super responsive, which made us feel comfortable working with him. Paul developed a strategy, which, I’m happy to report, helped us rectify the nuisance in a short amount of time. If you live in San Francisco and you are experiencing nuisance issues with a neighbor, I strongly recommend you contact Paul. We found him to be fair and an overall joy to work with. And most importantly, he fixed our problem.”
– Homeowner in Neighbor Dispute