Law Office of Paul P. DeAngelis
Real Estate, Litigation
& Transaction Services
Paul focuses on solving problems for real estate owners, and advises business owners and professionals on real estate law. He works to create value for clients by applying his experience in and out of court to fit each situation – some call for practical approaches or settlement talks, and others trial themes and admissible evidence. In 1996, Paul graduated with honors from Boston University School of Law. Since 1998, he has practiced law in San Francisco. He has successfully represented clients in court actions, jury and bench trials, and arbitration hearings.
Paul concentrates on real estate law:
- Neighbor problems and agreements regarding construction projects, boundary lines, easements, encroachments, trees, views, fences, noise, barking dogs or other nuisances.
- HOA and member disputes regarding CC&Rs or house rules, maintenance obligations, noise, repairs, parking, short-term rentals, and assessment issues.
- Buyer and seller disputes arising from purchase and sale transactions, including alleged nondisclosure or misrepresentation claims, handling mediation demands and mediation.
- Construction and home improvement projects related to disputes with contractors or design professionals, defect claims, and building permit and planning department issues.
- Advises business owners, brokers and agents, landlords, developers and property managers on real estate laws and compliance, including transactions, contracts, office and commercial leases, landlord-tenant issues, and DRE and other regulatory issues.
Paul stays active in his community. He teaches paralegal law courses at San Francisco State University one evening a week. He also gives talks to groups on real estate matters and other legal topics, including about the U.S. Legal System to visiting judges from China. He earned the Child’s Advocacy Award from Legal Services for Children for his pro bono work representing disadvantaged youth in the Bay Area. Paul regularly swims in the San Francisco Bay as a member of the South End Rowing Club. Paul was featured on KQED’s My Spot. Listen to Paul’s interview on KQED’s My Spot: Braving the Icy Waters of San Francisco Bay.
Paul has great instincts, and executes them well. After bringing him into a months-long real estate-related liability negotiation, Paul quickly assessed the situation and provided a new approach. To our surprise, we were able to quickly resolve the conflict completely in our favor!”
– From a buyer
Paul reviewed a lease of a potential office for my company and saved us from a nightmare situation. The lease was 20+ pages and I didn’t have time to read it. With just a few hours of work, Paul was able to point out some major issues with the lease. He didn’t tell us no, he presented us with facts which I found super helpful.”
– Andrew Munday, Startup Founder
We had a noise nuisance and health issues with a neighbor that was causing a lot of problems. After exhausting all the public resources available, we hired Paul DeAngelis to help us out. Paul did a great job listening to our concerns and he was super responsive, which made us feel comfortable working with him. Paul developed a strategy, which, I’m happy to report, helped us rectify the nuisance in a short amount of time. If you live in San Francisco and you are experiencing nuisance issues with a neighbor, I strongly recommend you contact Paul. We found him to be fair and an overall joy to work with. And most importantly, he fixed our problem.”
– Homeowner in Neighbor Dispute